Judith Kurzer, LCSW is a highly experienced psychotherapist, Clinical Hypnotherapist, and Somatic Experiencing Practitioner (SEP). She is a trainer, teacher, supervisor, and consultant in Clinical Hypnosis for health and mental health professionals.
See the Classes page for Judy’s current class offerings.
Judy utilizes cutting edge techniques which incorporate the contemporary understanding of the mind/body connection. She provides individualized treatment honoring each person’s unique process. With compassion, she facilitates the journey to finding inner strength, coping with life’s challenges, and experiencing joy.
- Private Practice New York, NY
Analytically trained, specialty in mind/body techniques, including Clinical Hypnosis and Somatic Experiencing.
- Educator in Clinical Hypnosis
Provides a training program in Clinical Hypnosis, teaches courses approved and accredited by the American Society of Clinical Hypnosis (ASCH) and courses which receive NYS CE’s for Licensed Social Workers. She also provides individual and group consultation in Clinical Hypnosis.
- Lecturer in Clinical Hypnosis – Has spoken at many venues, to name a few:
Institute for Contemporary Psychotherapy (ICP)
National Institute for the Psychotherapies (NIP)
New York State Society of Clinical Social Work (NYSSCSW)
Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy Study Center (PPSC)
Cancer Care, NYC
SHARE Cancer Support New York, NY
Manhattan Society of Clinical Hypnosis (MANSCH)
- Somatic Experiencing Training Assistant and Provider
- Former Director, Faculty, Co-Founder, of the Center for the Advancement of Training in Clinical Hypnosis (CATCH) New York, NY
Teacher of Clinical Hypnosis courses approved by the American Society of Clinical Hypnosis (ASCH) to health & mental health professionals, including social workers and psychologists.
- Former Supervisor, National Institute for the Psychotherapies
- Former Supervisor, Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy Study Center
- Former Director of Continuing Education, PPSC
- President of the National Institute for the Psychotherapies
Professional Association (NIPPA), New York, NY (1987-1991)
- Assistant, Somatic Experiencing Trauma Institute
- MSW – Wurzweiler School of Social Work, New York, NY
- B.A., Cum Laude – Columbia University, New York, NY
Certifications & Training
- Certificate in Psychoanalysis and Comprehensive Psychotherapy, National Institute for the Psychotherapies, New York, NY
- Certificate in Supervision of Psychoanalysis and Comprehensive Psychotherapy NIP, New York, NY
- Approved Consultant, American Society for Clinical Hypnosis
- Extensive training in Clinical Hypnosis, (at NIP, with Daniel Brown, PhD, Jeff Zeig, PhD, and others)
- Somatic Experiencing Practitioner (SEP) and Assistant
- EMDR Training I and II, New York, NY
- Evolving Thought Field Therapy, New Jersey
- American Society of Clinical Hypnosis
- National Association of Social Workers
- National Institute for the Psychotherapies Professional Association
- New York State Society for Clinical Social Work
- Somatic Experiencing Trauma Institute
- New York State Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Judith Kurzer, LCSW is recognized by the New York State’s Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW0207